Those of you who have attended my seminars have heard me refer to this Wrightslaw article and the subject study of 5000 school psychologists’ reports. This article is a MUST READ for every parent with a child with a disability of any kind, especially if you’ve been made to feel it’s all your fault. If you’ve ever been led to believe that the school, the teachers, the administrators, the principal, the specialists, etc have no need for improvement when it comes to your child’s educational program, then this article is for you. It’s titled “The Blame Game! Are School Problems the Kids’ Fault?” Be warned, many react very emotionally to this article because it’s all happened to them, but the insight that it provides into school culture is quite invaluable.
- Processing Those Honest Mother’s Day Messages from my Children
- The Role of Children’s Books in Our Insanely Active Summer
- Reflecting on the Wisdom of My Mami’s Choices – a Momtrepreneur Moment of Gratitude
- From Frog Sized Preemie to Advancement Ceremony Speaker
- Reflecting on the Birth of My Micropreemie on Her 10th Birthday
- Nine Eleven 2001 -Day of Horror and Creation
- A Summer Moment of Overcoming Disability
- Meeting Congressmen on Tuesday; Cleaning Toilets on Thursday
- For parents raising children with disabilities – the best story you will read today
- Cal Alumni and Students: Ever wonder what the inside of the Stanford tree smells like?